1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 disk tray wont open and play

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by blahhh101, May 25, 2007.

1. blahhh101

blahhh101 Member

i was playing .hack//gu the other day and the game suddenly froze so i reseted it, but it wouldnt load just goes to the ps2 menu like it didnt have any game on it, so i tried ejecting it the blue light was blinking but it didnt come out then the light stopped blinking,

so i thought the disk must have jammed i opened the ps2 like i did before and got the disk out,i plugged the ps2 back but the tray still doesnt come out, does anybody whats wrong with it? i asked the guy that repairs it for me he says its the driver and his asking alot of money to repair it

2. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

its either that or that little white locking mechanism is jammed or broken.

3. blahhh101

blahhh101 Member

well i need to remove the tray so i could check but my ps2 is scph-50006 most of the guides i found arent the same as mine it doesnt have the 2 screws on the side, and as i said the eject button doesnt work

4. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

i had the same problem the white locking mechanism was broken

5. blahhh101

blahhh101 Member

how did u fix it i managed to remove the disk tray but its still not responding to the eject button and power buttons a bit off, it keeps blinking back to red but it does eventually go back to green