1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 does not write to dvd

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by annie123, Feb 9, 2005.

1. annie123

annie123 Guest

I downloaded the dvd decrypter from here and I was able to download the game to the hhd but when I try to write it back to the blank dvd. it will go thru the buffer process then stop and an error show up stating "invalid field CBD" then if keeps trying ti rewrite but nothing, then it says the unable to read drive. I have a sony vaio computor with a combo dvd/cd rewrite drive 4x I am new to this please help. I also have dvdx platium which does not let me back up my ps2.s

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I/O errors usually means it is the media you are using. Cheap stuff will be hit and miss, that's why some work and the next one doesn't.
    Use good quality media and this problem will be few and far between.

Try installing an ASPI layer, that may do the trick. Here's a link to the download and instructions:

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

3. annie123

annie123 Guest

I download the page you told me to and it still comes up with invalid cdb

4. annie123

annie123 Guest

i'm sorry but what do you mean buy cheap media, do you mean the dvd x or dvd decp. I am using memorex 8x 4.7gb dvd r discs. I am so new to this whole world. I was able to copy one of mu dvd movies to a blank dvd using dvd x but as far as the game I am having problems and i am not familier with alot of the computor terms. any help would be great thanks

5. hursty

hursty Active member

6. annie123

annie123 Guest

i downloaded the dvd indentifer and started it. it read logical unit not ready long write in process. Does this mean that it is writing back the saved game unto the disk even though it stated earlier that the cbd field was invalid. currently i am unable to open the drive to remove the disk but it does not appear that anything is happening.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

the dvd identifier will just tell you who made the dvd.
    click the correct icon which corresponds to your media.i.e dvd-r/dvd+r

this is to determine whether you have crap media!!!

with kind regards hursty

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  8. annie123

annie123 Guest

hi again it says that the media is good the reviews were also good. can you please tell me what cbd stands for. like i said the ps2 downloaded into the hhd but when i click on write to blank dvd it will go thru the buffer then stop the it keeps retry to write. then invalid cbd comes up then nothing esle happens, but you can not get the disk out of the drive. it says logical unit not ready long write in process. does this mean it is copying the infor. I don't see how it would. please help again thanks

9. annie123

annie123 Guest

I am sorry to be a pest, but one more question do I need to download the dvd shrinker, I already have dvd x platiun, click to dvd, and drag to drop programs thanks again
    annie

10. annie123

annie123 Guest

i also noticed that when i put the ps2 game into the drive and then open it on the left it reads files on cd but the game is a dvd rom. could this be why it is not copying on the blank dvd.?? if i put in a blank cd-r it does not have enough memory to record . how do I over come this if this is the problem. thanks again annie

11. hursty

hursty Active member

not sure what cbd exactly stands for,but i am sure this is a media issue

you do not need dvd shrink..that is for movies only

dvd decrypter should do the job just fine

have you got any other disc's you can use?

to use decrypter
    mode>iso..(not file!!!)>read

mode>iso>write (select the mds)

what model burner do you have?

12. annie123

annie123 Guest

I have a dvd rw dw -u14a burner
    I have no other disc at this time
    thats how I do it i go to read then write but still nothing

13. annie123

annie123 Guest

i'm sorry it is a sony dvd rw should i try different dvdr or do i use a cd-r?

14. hursty

hursty Active member

i think you need to upgrade the firmware of your burner,which will update the burners ability to recognize the media you are using
    if you are not a able pc user,i wouldnt recommmend it
    if you get it wrong,you could trash the writer
    my advice would be to try a different media

cd-r are no goood for copy ps2 dvd

15. annie123

annie123 Guest

what do you mean by upgrade the firmware ans would you be able to walk me thru it.