1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 doesnt read backups.. HELP plz!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LILfeatha, Mar 15, 2005.

1. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

hey guys,

ok, so i just got a dvd burner today.. back upped a few and they were fine... then i tried GTA:SA and for some reason it didnt read it.. and the burning said it was complete and successful and everything..
    so i thought i donnu maybe something happened, so i tried one of my other backups and they were fine.. then i burned Neo Contra, and look at that! i get REALLY strange noises its like the disc reader doesnt read it well or something its like its spinning or something, like weird REALLY fast noises non-stop all the time... and it doesnt load the backup....
    i dont know whats wrong.. now non of the backups work, only originals...
    (i have to admit i downloaded neo contra that one isnt a backup.. could there be some sort of virus or something ? i dont know whats going on)
    what should i do my parents will kill me ?

Thanks and please help!

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

First thing to do is calm down ;)

Now. There can be numerous reasons why this may have happened.

1. The Media you were using was not good enough for san andreas. I reccomend RITEK G04 as they seem to work perfectly. Make sure you are burnign at a slow speed, and a speed that your discs are compatible with.

2. Your bad media may have burnt out your laser, but do not fret, as they can easily be replaced, look on google for em.

3. Your laser might just need to be cleaned or adjusted. arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

Hope This Helps Ya Mate ;)

-Mike

3. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

Hey man,

i think the laser is fine since my originals work...
    got tekken 4 and mortal kombat deadly alliance original, only tried tekken 4 and it loaded it, i waited till i saw the namco logo and closed my ps2...
    i just think theres something wrong with the mod chip no?
    i got a 1 year warranty but its a mess its in another city and i only go there every 2 saturdays and they dont work here on saturdays (i live in israel)
    so thats why theres no RITEK media here but i did get VERBATIM media which is the best here and burned at 1X i know what im doing.. i had a very bad media once since i didnt know anything about it and burned at 4X just cause i wanted to play something till ill get a dvd burner so i got a friends external burner and did it, played till i got the burner, then played about 3 hours yesterday tekken 5 and some katamari damacy and then when i put neo contra it stopped working..
    people told me those fast and noisy non-stop noises happen when theres no mod chip in the ps2..

what do you think ?

Thanks,

LILfeatha

4. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

also..
    are you sure that guide is useful ?
    you have to remember, my 2 originals work just fine...
    there IS a chance i put my mortal kombat deadly alliance disc in, maybe i just forgot to reset because it did that red screen and asked me to put in a disc, then pressed restart and it worked just perfectly fine..

Thanks,

LILfeatha

5. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

6. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

bump..
    plz help me out im desperate! seriously... i have been dying to play my ps2 for like half a year and now its down again...

LILfeatha

7. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

bump again.. plz guys i beg of u! :p

LILfeatha

8. steimy

steimy Active member

It wouldn't hurt to try adjusting the laser, just make sure you mark the original position before you alter it so you can put it back. But when my laser was going it would spin the discs really fast and nothing would come up on the screen, just black.

9. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

i cant open it up and i have no idea what to do with the lasers..
    cant open it because then the warranty of the guy who did it would be expired...
    ill call him tomorrow right after school

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hopefully everything get's sorted out for ya ;)

-Mike

11. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

lol thanks

thats not really helping :p
    i dont know how the hell ill get to where the mod chip guy is.. i talked with him today and he was just.. "bring it over"..... i asked him if warranty will cover it he was like "if its the mod chip then yes if its the laser then no" and EVERYONE tells me its most likely the laser.. its better i just take my chances and try myself then go nuts waiting so long till someone drives me there its 2 hours back and forth (1 hour each way...) and then end up paying the freakin guy...

LILfeatha

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I say you get a new laser if he's gonna be like that. ;)

-Mike

13. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

LoL

how do i get a new one and how do i replace em and is it worth it and how much approx does it cost ? not that its useful to me since im in israel and prices here are crazy...

LILfeatha

14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Ach.. I've no idea, I live here in the UK.. Scotland.. I suggest you get it imported..? ;)

-Mike