1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dosent pick up backup games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jasonh89, Sep 20, 2004.

1. jasonh89

jasonh89 Member

i have a modchip but i dont know what kind, it worked for the first couple of weeks i had it but then all of a sudden it dosent pick up any type of game or dvd anymore, even original games. i wanna know if there is any way of fixing this.

2. donchihm3

donchihm3 Member

put your ps2 upside down if that works, i remember i had to hold my ps1 side ways and thats how it worked.try it if not get a dvd lens cleaner and see if maybe its just dusty.

3. qbano

qbano Member

sounds like a wire came loose in the cd/dvd control area..this would cause all discs to get rsod..could also be laser but if everything just stoped working all of a sudden its got to be the wire..

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

what version console is it and di you install it yourself?

5. jasonh89

jasonh89 Member

i found out that it is a magic 3 mod chip, and i didnt install it myself, someone who does them all the time installed it, i took it back to him about a month ago and he cleaned all the inside and the lens, so i dont think that it is the lens that is the problem. how do i check what version my ps2 is, i know that it is an older one, because the guy said that it will cost more becuase it was harder to do or something