1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 downloads from pc

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by kelwin, Aug 8, 2007.

1. kelwin

kelwin Member

how do I dowload a game from the pc and use it on my ps2

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

Well you could have given more info as to what hardware & software you already have!!
    Assuming you have backed up a PS2 game on your PC HDD from a game you own, it will surely be an image (iso file of the game).
    If you have an .iso image of the game you can either burn it to a DVD with NERO but you will need a method of booting the PS2 for playing back-ups such as a Chipped PS2 or swap magic disc.
    Or, if you have a Hard drive in your PS2 (fat ps2 only)you need HD advance software to boot games from the PS2 HDD.
    There are several ways of getting the game .iso to the PS2 HDD including using a DVD of the game in the PS2 & HD advance to transfer the game from DVD disc to the HDD.
    You could use an IDE to USB cable & 5 watt power supply and some software called WINHIIP to transfer the pS2 iso image to the PS2 HDD over USB.
    You could put the PS2 HDD inside your PC on a spare IDE connection and use WINHIIP to transfer. (note windows will not recognise the PS2 formatted HDD but Winhiip will).

Tell us what you have, we can help some more.

3. kelwin

kelwin Member

What I want to do is download a game from my pc (I can't find it anywhere) and use it on my ps2 like an original game..
    I mostly have nothing

4. byngo

byngo Regular member

Since you want to download a game no one here can help you.