1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Drive won't Open

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MastaDave, Apr 22, 2007.

1. MastaDave

MastaDave Member

Hi, i've got asn old ps2 V3

After I lent it to a friend, she came back not turning on or opening the drive, with the power button being always red

i opened it, and saw that the flat cable connecting the Reset/Eject buttons to the board was really messed up.

I bought a new one, replaced it.

now, the ps2 turns on when i press the button, but when i press the eject button it lights repeatidly blue (like normally) but the drive doesn't come out.

as i use SM 3.6 i tried to open it by swaping and putting an original disc but it won't start reading.

what could cause this ?

i saw that the flat cable connecting the drive to the board is not in its best shape. could it be this ? give me some thoughts!

ty in advance, and sorry for my english but i'm portuguese.. :D

2. dub1185

dub1185 Member

I would certainly look into getting that cable replaced. The drive is all about "timing" if you will. Everything has to move at the right time or it will bind up. There are alot of little nipples that have to run in a track just right. But before I tore into my drive I would fix that cable