1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Dual Shock Controller Sticking???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by michael13, Aug 31, 2004.

1. michael13

michael13 Member

Hi, I have this problem with my dual shock controller, when I go to any menu in a game the options just flick by fast. It doesn't select anything but rather scrolls through the options really quick, almost like there is a directional button stuck. Is there anything I can look at to fix this? I have taken it apart and don't see anything in the way of the pads.

Thanks

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I've had this problem, my D-Pad was stuck to the right.

The right button kept getting stuck to the undershell of the top case which meant it kept moving everything and anything to the right.

I simply moved the right button into place then jiggled the pad around in the controler (with the top case off) and it worked fine from then on.

3. michael13

michael13 Member

I just took it apart and cleaned all of the internal parts with lighter fluid, where the contacts are etc. I think one was sticking inside, the buttons worked fine on the outside, but I think the pad was sticking as you mentioned.. I will plug it in later and see if it worked. Keep you posted, thanks for the help.

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

Any word on your problem yet? If there is still a problem I have some other things you can try.

5. shogun2k1

shogun2k1 Member

I have exactly the same problem with my up button. Like michael13, the buttons worked fine on the outside.
    Any other trick to repair the controller ?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004