1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Duo2 Chip Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by NeooeN, Mar 28, 2005.

1. NeooeN

NeooeN Member

Hey guys,
    I am new to this forum as well as I am to this whole chip thing. I had a guy at work install the darn Duo2 chip for me and some friends (no longer see this guy). However, as luck would have it. I am the one that's having problems with it, or at least the only one that admits having them....anywho!! This guy told me that for some reason (more than likely 'cause my PS2 is the 1st version) it does not read just any kind of burned discs. He proved this by giving me one that has a solid white color around the "hole" of the discs..this is different to others, as the ones I had are clear see throught around the "hole" region of the disc. The game he burned "Navy Seals", does play on my PS2 (sometimes) However, I bought the same kind of discs and burned games on them, but they don't F&$)# work!!!!!
    Does anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong?
    I would greatly appreciate anyone's help. I hope I made some sense in writing this summary of my miserable luck with the chip.
    Thanks in advance for any reply!!!

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So basically, your chip does work, but you are just having trouble finding the correct media for your v1 ps2. Man, that is to bad that you have a v1, that is the worst version (besides the slimline) to mod because they are REALLY picky about media choices.

I would start by picking up 5 packs of different media, and seeing if they work. Start with good brands, such as these:

--Taiyo Yudon (considered the god of all media) (many fakes made, make sure you are getting the real thing!)
    ---Ritek Ridata
    ---Ritek G03/G04 (with Ricoh) (many fakes mmmade, make sure you are getting the real thing!)
    ---Verbatim (with MCC dye)
    ---Sony
    ---Fuji MIJ
    ---MXLRGO1, MXLRGO2 (Maxell -R, -RW) (Many fakes made!)
    ---PVC (Pioneer)
    ---TDKGO2, TDKGO1 (TDK) (Many fakes made!)

When burning, do it at the slowest speed possible. Anything higher than 2.4x may be to fast even and your v1 ps2 may have problems reading it. Also, I'm sure you know how to burn ps2 games, but if you are not 100% sure check out this ps2 burning tutorial, http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/burningps2games.htm

Stick to DVD-r's, they work the best on older ps2 models.

If the Duo2se does not read your burned disc 100% of the time, that is somewhat normal.

I have installed a few duo2se chips and every now and then when you turn the system on, it will have a problem reading the disc for some reason. But what do you expect from a $20 chip.

If someone else is reading this, do you know what media works best for v1-v3 ps2's?

Sorry I wasn't much help!

3. hursty

hursty Active member

hey pimpdawg,the sites down

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Should be up now!

5. hursty

hursty Active member

yes,i have been on
    it even comes up on google search

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

frickin nice!

7. NeooeN

NeooeN Member

PimpDawg, thanks a lot for all the info. It is of great help. I have not yet try one of your suggestions of burning the discs at a lower speed. I am going to try that next and I hope it works. Either way, I'll post the outcome as soon as I do it. Once again, thanks a lot for the response and for being so quick about it too.

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest