1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 duo2 mod chip, start up it says "select language" normal?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jaydmef8, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jaydmef8

jaydmef8 Member

finish stalling mod chip on my ps2, i test it it works fine with back up games, but when i start it up again the third time it show a screen saying select your langauge, i select it but nothing happen? some one please explain why? is my mod chip bad? or wiring is bad?

2. jaydmef8

jaydmef8 Member

anyone? it wont boot the cd its just have the browser and configuration screen. did i reset the chip?

3. dernit

dernit Guest

Did you figure out the problem yet cause Im having the same issue? Let me know please..

4. jaydmef8

jaydmef8 Member

yes i did, you know the big metal piece? when you take out ur ps2 that covers the board, that was touching one of my mod chip wires, cover that up then it work.

5. dernit

dernit Guest

Was it a solder point touching or just a wire? doesnt the wire its self have insulation on it to keep it from shorting out?

I checked and cleaned the board and everything is good. The first day after install I tested it and it booted 2 backup games. I then moved it to my sons room and put in a third backup game thats when it started with the select language and the time zone, also when you put in a backup game it gives the error disc read error, and when you insert a regular game its a completely differnt error its a no data error.
    I have also cleaned the lense and still nothing. I cant even disable the modchip.

6. jaydmef8

jaydmef8 Member

take your ps2 apart try playing the backup game with the most of the parts off, if it play, try like pushing the board down or move it around. yours is short, i would tape the metal plate so it wont be touching any of the solder wire and the chip.