1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD 9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cheech65, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cheech65

cheech65 Member

There have been a few games, Xenosaga, .hACK Infection, and Metal Gear Solid: Substance, to come out recently on PS2 that are on DVD 9s. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to back up this games so that they will play on a chipped PS2. I have read some articles that lead me to believe that DVDXCOPY will work by splitting it up onto two discs. Does anyone know if this will work?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  2. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

Don't know if that works or not.
    I have heard to downsample some files inorder to burn it to a regular dvd, but I haven't tried it yet.

3. AftarDawn

AftarDawn Member

if anyone knows, is there blank dvd9 discs? and will dvd writers correctly burn them?

also if anyone has made a working copr of a dvd9 please share how you did it.

thanks

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

cheech - people have tried to split the DVD9 games but i haven't heard of any success stories yet. downsampling seems to be the way to go, not sure how, but i'd rather wait till the bluelaser burners come out cause then we'll have the huge discs to backup pretty much anything. i just hope the PS2 reads them.

5. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

Thought I might add this for anyone who may want to know. (found it somewhere out there)

DVD9 is a single sided, dual layer format with a total capacity of maximum 8.5 GB. Each halfdisk carries one in-formation layer. One information layer is coated with a semireflective layer, so that the player can play back both in-formation layers with one pick-up from one side. Flipping the disk to read both information layers is not necessary.

--------------
    It is only in how we use the information that makes it useful or otherwise.

6. cheech65

cheech65 Member

Ok, does anyone know how to downsample the games?

7. ryankun16

ryankun16 Member

downsampling isnt necessary. all of those games have 5 gb worth of dummy files there is an existing program that should let you edit that. i myself dont know the program but if someone does let me know please