1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd back up help only play intro

Discussion in 'PS2' started by duane_f, May 5, 2003.

1. duane_f

duane_f Guest

I have a no solder chip and a version 7 playstation my cdr back ups work fine but when I back up a dvd it will boot to the blue screen play the intro then when you go to play the game the screen goes blank I have used nero and recorded at 1x I have used several different types of dvd +r brands and all work the same I am using the magic boot disks and have also tried the action replay if some one could please lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it thanks

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

which game(s) are you trying to play? There are some games that have dual disc checks, after main menu they check for the original disc again, these games cant be played with a no-solder mod or fliptop cover.

3. duane_f

duane_f Guest

I only have three original games men in black 2 cabelas big game hunter and grand turismo 3 and have burnt all 3 and none work they all do the same as stated above

4. darthnip

well crap, i have no need to backup GT3 becuase i actually have 2 retail ones. but i got a friend that has MIB and cabelas, i'll call him and get his originals so i can test the backups, then i'll let you know
    ***backups will be made for testing purposes only and will be destroyed within 24hrs.***

5. duane_f

duane_f Guest

thank I aprecciate it

6. darthnip

both cabela's and MIB2 play fine for me, Princo -R, V7 fliptop read @2x burned @1x