1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by avengeme, Mar 23, 2005.

1. avengeme

avengeme Member

Hi has anyone tried to backup transformers armada for ps2.

I,ve tried dvd decrypter on speed one
    with dvd - and + discs
    also nero

anyone else have any success with this game?

i'm using ver 4 ps2 boot magic ver 3.6 and flip top cover.

thanks

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

I havent tried to back up this game but if you give me more information about the problem i may be able to help. Whaat is the problem slow loading? Swap magic has red borders or does it freeze at a particular point? Also what size is the DVD or CD image?

Oh yes dont waste any more dvd+r discs most ps2 dont like em and dont use nero to burn discs its rather unreliable just use dvd decrypter or alcohol 120%

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  3. avengeme

avengeme Member

hi, thanks for the reply

my problem is that when I swap the magic disc for the copy i get a message saying not a valid ps2 disc and i havn't yet seen a coloured border of any kind.

I've backed up this cd 4 different ways as I described already and have tried renewing the TOC with the original.
    The only difference i've noticed with each copy is that the -r cds spin up and the + do not.

4. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Well the only thing i can suggest is that if you downloaded the game chances are its a nuked release. But if its froma n original presse disc or another backup then you could try different media or a different program to copy them although i have burned with nero, it works its just not very reliable.

5. ZippoGuy

ZippoGuy Member

hey e_pizza, what exactly is a "nuked release"? Have seen several references to that term and still am not sure what it means other than it probably won't work.

6. avengeme

avengeme Member

thanks guys I'm trying to back up my originals for my kids and yes it was the media type,I switched brands and every backup has worked.