1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by andybrody, Dec 14, 2004.

1. andybrody

andybrody Member

Hi I'm new to this so please help if you can. I have a ps2 v9 with a matrix infifnity mod chip that I fitted my self (I'm an electronics engineer). I have backed up cd games and they all work fine. When I burn dvd games using Nero all the files appear to be there if you explore them on the pc. When they are put in the ps2 one of two things happen more often than not the ps2 says insert playstation disc or playstation2 disc(on the normal splash screen). Only on one disc i got the message (on a black sreen) can not play this disc. The ps2 will play all the dvd video I put in wether they are recorded on -rw/+rw or -r. I have tried to do a copy on the fly, and copy the files on to the hard drive and then burn the files onto to a dvd.
    Can any one please give me some advice im sure the mod chip is correctly fitted and is runing the latest firmware V1.38.
    Looking forward to any help
    Andy

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  3. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use alcohol 120% to create an .iso image of the PS2 game, then use alcohol 120% again to burn the .iso image onto DVD+R at 1x speed.