1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 dvd boot problems!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ratc, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ratc

ratc Member

I have the old starchip and the problem is that it boots ps2 cd games backups using Action Replay but I am unable to boot Ps2 dvd games. The dvd just stops. Anybody can help me?

2. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

you can not fix that. my old ps2 neo 2.2 doesnt play any dvd rs only cd rs work on my ps2 system. i have to use devil may cry and game shark i hold down the rest button for 10 second and the track never opens up. i tryed it on my friends ps2 and it work but it wouldnt work on mind

3. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

by the way have you ever try a different dvd r back up beside the one you are using

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

i got a ps2 slide card now since my neo 2.2 dont boot up dvd rs to me it is pointless to use now. swap magic disks work better then game shark and action replay to much bull shit holder the fusker down. but i do hope you can find a way to work your dvd rs on your ps2 man. i wish i could help u but i had the same problem has u

5. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

i was pissed when my ps2 didnt play any dvd rs with my neo 2.2 Game Shark

6. ratc

ratc Member

You are right. My PS2 simply won't boot any dvd games no matter the dvd type, the boot technique or DVD burn method I use. Those bastards that sold me the chip said it would boot anything and now I just don't know what to do. There must be something to it. What about all those people that bought the same chip that I? How did they manage to get their ps2 working? I've tried laser calibration between 550 and 650 ohms and swapping dvds with the ps2 open and I'm loosing faith on this chip. Isn't there nothing else that can be done?