1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 DVD Burning Problem!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bhpatel, Jan 28, 2004.

1. bhpatel

bhpatel Member

When i copy a ps2 dvd like True Crime or Thirteen, it burns successfully but when I stick it in my Ps2, the screen turns black like it is about to start but it just stays there. When I copied Madden 2003, it worked. I am using Nero and the DVD burner I have is HP DVD 300i. What is going on and what can I do? Please, someone help me!!!!!!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ummm, what type of mod are you using?

3. bhpatel

bhpatel Member

I'm not exactly sure but i got it last year around the summer time. if it really matters i can try to find out.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

but it is a mod chip, and not swap magic right?

5. bhpatel

bhpatel Member

yeah its a modchip. the process that i do is put the gameshark in, turn it off, and then turn it back on while holding the power button down. WHen the gameshark menu pops up, i insert an original dvd and go through gameshark codes option until it says to put in the burned game. that's when i let go of the power button. A message pops up stating that it is updating a list and the game tray automatically pops open and that is when i put in the burned game. THis is the method that i have been using for the past year. i've played games such as GTA Vice City, Metal Gear Solid, Max Payne, Getaway, Madden 2003, NBA Streets and a couple more. To play madden 2003, i got the original game, made an image with Nero, then burned the image usung Nero and used the method that i described to play it and it worked. but when i do the exact same procedure with thirteen and true crime, after i put in the burned game, the screen turns black (like it usually does) and just freezes there.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i know you need cd loader to load true crime. Not sure how to use it with you setup though. Search the forums for "cd loader" and "gameshark"