1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 - Dvd Decrypter read at slow speed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Spider323, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, When I made a backup of Jet Li rise to honor, Dvd decrypter was reading at about 6 mb per second. I have never had a game or movie burn this fast. When i used the dvd swap disc to load it up all it displays is a pink border. All my other backups have been read at around 2 or 3 mb per second and worked correctly after burning. Is there any way to reduce the speed of reading on dvd decrypter or is there any other freeware I can use to make a backup of this game?

Thanks!!!

2. hunter929

hunter929 Member

try Nero. that is what i used for the same game works great. you can get the demo version in the downloads section, check the guides they have info on how to use.

3. mr_nasty

mr_nasty Member

with nero you cannot properly adjust your speed rate. Dvd decrypter is fine to do the job.

Are you using new media?
    What burner do you have?

Let me know

4. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Well, Im using Compusa brand and it works great when i burn other games such as VIII Thirteen with dvd decrypter. I have a hp dvd300i burner.

5. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

With dvd decrypter u can not adjust the read speed u can only adjust the write speed. I dont need it to write slower i just need it to read slower. Thats the problem and Compusa brand Dvd+rs only support burning at 2.4. Thanks

6. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

Yes you can adjust the read speed with decrypter. open up decrypter, go to tools, settings, then device. at the bottom right you should be able to adjust the read speed.

7. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

It worked i Found the speed adjuster, thanks guys.

8. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I found the speed adjuster but it keeps on reading at a higher speed then i have se it to. For example I set it to read at 1x but it reads at 4.2x the highest. And when i put it into my ps2 and load it up with the Swap Magic 2.0 USA version it gives me the pink borders. I really need help with this. Anybody got any suggestions?

9. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

after you adjust the speed remember to click "OK" not "X".

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it dont really change anything when reading at 6x and writing at like 1x.... reading will be always faster then writing...

11. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, I did click ok instead of X and it does make a differnce reading at six and burning at 2.4 because when I put it in my PS2 with the Swap Magic 2.0 USA it doesnt start. This also happened to Stuntman as well as Jet Li: Rise to honor. But when i burned thirteen it worked. So I think its based upon the speed I have to adjust but I can't. cause it still goes higher thean the one set.
    Thanks

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

did you know when i backup my games i use a dvdrom? and you know whats the speed of it? it goes over 10mb/sec.... and i burn games on 2x... they still work the same as the original no skips no nothing... maybe its the smd...

13. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

I did not create a smd file might that be the problem. I don't think it is thge problem because i still burned with the dvd decrypter program.