1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd game prince of persia format problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sharpjunk, Apr 4, 2005.

1. sharpjunk

sharpjunk Member

okay i downloaded prince of persia warrior within as a rar file. As usual i extracted and finally ended up with a .bin and .cue file. I use swap magic 3.3 to play my games by the way. Anyhooo this is the first time i'm burning a ps2 game after downloading, usually i just clone a disk using dvd decryptor. Now when i tried to burn image using nero it said that the image was going to be burned as a cd, but i am posotive the game is meant to be written as a dvd. Should i burn it and see what happens or is their sumthing wrong in the .cue file that i need to change to make it burn into a dvd format?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats because downloaded games are dvdrips. they have stuff ripped out so it fits on cd. It won't work if you burn it to dvd, and if its over 630megs, swap magic won't load it.

3. sharpjunk

sharpjunk Member

okay but if it fit in a cd your saying the game would work? And why would people put up ps2 ripped dvd files if they knew that people can't burn them properly onto dvd's ?

Sorry if my questions are noob

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

because the dvd version is like 3 or 4 gigs, that would take forever to download.

not necessarily. if its over 630 megs, you have to buy breaker pro to load it.

5. sharpjunk

sharpjunk Member

lol 3 to 4 gigs? i have timeee, haha