1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd game ripper

Discussion in 'PS2' started by paddy, Apr 21, 2003.

1. paddy

paddy Guest

how do i rip ps2 dvd game too a cdr i have dvd burner on my pc

2. isomaster

isomaster Member

if you have a dvd burner you could just do a straight copy instead of rippin stuff out to fit on a cd

graham

3. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

I have tried this using Nero and I have a DVR-105 burner. Everytime I try this, it my comp will restart. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

4. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

BTW- just to add to my last thread, it will burn cds nicely, so I know that the problem is not with the burner. Also, I have an AMD 1.4GHZ with Windows XP if this at all matters.

5. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

MRCAPNOE,
    I have the Pioneer DVR-105 and use Nero all the time for DVD-R & CD-R back-ups, and never had a problem. If I understand from your post is that your computer CRAPS out and you have to reboot your computer whe you try to make a DVD back-up? Since your OP System is AMD, it could be that you might have to get an updated driver off the internet for your burner to be fully compatible with your PC.
    Steps to Copy DVD:
    Media - DVD
    Copy DVD
    Burn image to PC
    Burning Speed 1X
    Burn

6. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

Thank you bodul67. I have successfully downloaded new drivers for the dvr-105. I also forgot to mention that it restarted only some of the time, the other part of the time, it would say that the burning was successful. Then i went to try it on my ps2 (with a magic 2 chip) and it has yet to work. I have exhausted my dvd-r collection by doing this and I thought to save money and dvd-rs that I would buy some dvd-rws. I am now questioning as to whether the problem lies with the dvd-rw media, and whether it just takes dvd-rs. I am not currently available to test out the new driver download, but if it says that is is successfull and it does not work on my ps2, then I am wondering if it is the dvd-rw media or whether there is another problem that I am unaware of. If you can help me at all, please give me a response. Thanks

7. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

Have you tried any +R media's?

8. mrcapone

mrcapone Guest

The DVR-105 doesnt accept dvd+r media