1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD Games not booting up,need help ASAP!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pmb2k, Nov 3, 2003.

1. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

Hi guys

My mate has a PS@ SCPH3500 series and a while back i got a bloke to install a messiah chip inside and it works perfectly on most copies, like PS2 CDRs and Copied DVD films, but i tried copying a PS2 DVD based game and tried it on mine which worked but on his, it comes up with message saying unknown disc format with red background u know which one i mean. Now if he has messiah chip in it should just boot up straight away, i even tried placing game in first turning off ps2 then booting up, but nothing. ANY IDEAS GUYS OR HELP WOULD BE GREAT???

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

could be that his ps2 has troube booting up that brand DVDR.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

maybe the dvdr is a + not all models can read that one same goes with RW even if - or + they cant read them w/o a chip

4. FlyPaper

FlyPaper Member

Your ps2 does not have too be chipped in order too play DVD+/-R. I have a v4 and v9, neither one are chipped and I can play burned ps2 games in both

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I know you must have made a typo there, because only DVD+/-R Movies will play in an UN-modified PS2. There is no way you can play PS2 Game backups without some sort of mod.

6. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

ok guys u aint helping here, the lad has a messiah chip in his ps2 and it plays cdrs no probs, it also played a copied dvd (which was on a dvd+r) and the ps2 games i have played on my ps2 which are on dvd-r, but dont work on his

now any ideas? - the lad who chipped it said it could be the laser?

pmb2k

7. Fatboy_

Fatboy_ Member

It can only be either 1/the laser or 2/the dvd-r media but it's unusual for the laser not to read dvd's and read cdr's..Eliminate one by trying a different type of dvd-r and if that's no good get a new laser..It is so common on chipped ps2's for them to go.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Are you positive its a Messiah chip?

9. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

Hi guys

Im back on this `subject again, i have tried burning a DVD based PS2 game onto a different type of DVD media and wrote it at 2x, it still doesnt work.

The method on mine is that u place the DVD game in my PS2 first, then power off, wait a few secs then power on and it boots. On my mates it should boot up straight away but it didnt and then ive tried booting it the way i boot mine and still nothing, so im really confused cos his PS2 would play a copied DVD film on a DVD+R.

So my next idea was to burn the DVD based PS2 games onto DVD+R instead of DVD-R and see what happens, if all fails i would imagine it would be the laser cos i cant think of anything else.

Its wierd though cos it plays all his original DVD based stuff as well as PS1 CDRs

10. Phantasma

Phantasma Member

Hi everyone,

I have a PS2 V4 with HW Messiah but I can't play backups DVD games! I tried the media DVD-R of verbatim datalifeplus, memorex DVD-R and maxell DVD+R and none worked.
    Would I like to know if the problem can be the midia and which media is the best to use?