1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD is scratched

Discussion in 'PS2' started by arthurg75, Mar 2, 2004.

1. arthurg75

arthurg75 Member

A PS2 game i own is scratched and therefore is unable to play. I somehow managed to get the files from the disc and dump them on to my hard drive. The files are sitting in there raw state (not in an ISO, and cant get them copied again cos disc keeps getting read errors).

What i need to know is how to i get the files from my hard disc onto a disc that my ps2 will read. Tried burning them using nero last night and just get the please insert playsstation 2 disc message. As i dont really know what type of file to create. What mode ISO

I have RecordNow 4.5, Nero 6, and DVD decrypter.

Real New B question but any help would be grateful.

2. billz

billz Active member

try soemthing like ultraiso to build your image

3. Slofire

Slofire Member

There is a little tool that you can buy I don't know how well it works, but what it does is it peals away the scratched portion of the plastic coating. I dont know if you would want to try that out.

I saw it at EB a few yrs ago and some other places, but i have never heard anything about how well it works.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ultraiso wont build it the right way you have to know the lba of all of it... it's like trying to copy a dvd movie by just copy n paste it to the hdd... then copy it to dvd..

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  6. arthurg75

arthurg75 Member

cheers for the ideas peeps. Will have a look at ultraiso just to see what it can do. If it's taught me anything it's to make backup ups off all my games to avoid this happening again.

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

DataDoctor makes a nice disc refinisher that works well on PS2 games. it has a green wheel that has a fine grit emery cloth on it and it resurfaces the disc as the disc spins in the mechanism. i bought one for $30 at office depot. for the ultimate test, and to prove to my frined that this thing worked we took an original audio cd and scratched the crap out of it on purpose, played it in the cd player to verify that it skipped horribly, then refinished it. on the first attempt it got all but 3-4 of the skips out, refinished again and the disc was as good as new.

8. Slofire

Slofire Member

Darthnip thats the one im talking about.....could not remember the name for the life of me....

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

10. darthnip

yeah thats the one, i love that thing!

11. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i own skipdr. wich is the same thing you guys are talking about, i got a really good price for it here's what the kit included, 3 resurfacing wheels, ofcourse the unit, resurfacing fluid (after it runs out, it can be replace with regular tab water works fine), 2 wipe cloth, and my favorite part, it brings this green pad called -severed scratch pad remover-- i rub that on to any game that is disguntingly scratched, and than run the machine 2x. till this day i still havent found a game that it doesnt get heal with the skipdr.!! great invention.

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i dont have this... is it true what they say about it?... that it makes the cd or the dvd look weird i mean like not shinning like new or something like that... well you know what i mean... but it does play like new right?

13. darthnip

yeah it kinda dulls it out but makes a bunch of lines radiating outward from the center. it actually looks kinda cool to me. and yeah they work fine from what i've seen.

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

cool... maybe ill go today to look for it in office depot...