1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 dvd just aint workin 4 me....help if you can!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stoopid45, Oct 15, 2003.

1. stoopid45

stoopid45 Guest

ok i have an apple modded ps2...i have no problem playing cd backups. Just recently tried some dvd backups....nothing...just that damn please insert a ps2 format disc screen. I've tried + and -R media, tried record now max and alcohol 120. I sent my ps2 to some dude in wisconsin to mod it....it took forever, i paid too much and the guy was a dick....anyone think its possibe that he installed a different chip or a bad chip that may not work for dvd backups?

2. Supreme

Supreme Member

All chips work for DVD back ups. The chip seems to be okay if you are able to play CD back ups. It could be only 2 things.

1. He muffed the installation on the DVD controller points

2. Your laser is weak and can't read DVD-r.

Check and see if you can read DVD originals.

3. stoopid45

stoopid45 Guest

Reads dvd originals just fine....one more question.....if i bought a flip top or slide card with GS/AR/Boot would the botched chip install have any effect on the swaping of dvd backups?

4. Supreme

Supreme Member

If DVD originals work fine but it wont read back ups then either your burning them wrong(which I doubt) or you laser is just too weak and may need some adjusting. In which case no AR/GS or swap disc would help at all. What version ps2 is it?

5. Henry007

Henry007 Member

Supreme try using DVD decrypter it has a very high success rate...