1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by skorpeo, Mar 3, 2005.

1. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

I'm a newbie and was wondering if I could get some help? I waiting on a flip top/swap magic so I can start burning for my kids, can you still use the gameshark and if so how?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes you can, it will just take a few extra steps.
    Here is how i do it with my AR Max which is pretty much the same thing. You will need a program. You can get either CD Loader from http://swapmagicfix.com
    and burn it to a CD-R or you can get DVD Loader which i use, but do not have the link for anymore. You would burn DVD Loader to a DVD. I got it because i couldn't get CD Loader to work with my PS2.

Put in AR Max and chose to load games with codes.
    when it asks for disc press eject put in Swap Magic
    When it asks for disc put in DVD Loader via swap method
    When it asks for disc press eject put Swap Magic back in
    When it asks for disc put in your back up game via swap method.

If anyone knows an easier way and actually has Gameshark can you please correct me if it works different. I did see another post on here and they said the following:
    Hey, I thought this might be useful for those of you who use the fliptop/slide/no-solder mod and want to use Gameshark codes with their backups. I provide instructions for Gameshark versions 1-4. Well here it is:
    Gameshark 2 V1/2/AR2
    CD BACKUPS:
    1. Boot Gameshark 2 v1/2
    2. Select the cheats you want
    3. Go to Start Game/With codes
    4. swap the Gameshark 2 v1/2 with the cd-r backup using ea method and press x
    5. Your backup will now load with cheats

DVD BACKUPS:
    1. Boot Gameshark 2 V1/2
    2. Select the cheats you want
    3. Go to start game/With cheats
    4. Swap the Gameshark 2 V1/2 with the cdloader using EA method and press x
    5. When the cdloader loads press eject and swap the cdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close it.
    6. Wait about 7 seconds and press x
    7. when the screen says swap "dvdr by ea method" swap the toc original with your dvd-r backup using EA method and press x
    8. Your backup will now load with cheats

Gameshark 2 V3/4/AR MAX
    CD BACKUPS
    1. Boot Gameshark 2 V3
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with the original cd game and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and swap the cd original with your cd-r backup and press x.
    8. Your backup will now load with cheats.

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot Gameshark 2 V3
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the Gameshark 2 V3 with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

Feel free to let me know of any problems you may have or any mistakes I may have made. Happy cheating :)
    -Hanedrick
    EDIT: The method for booting Gameshark 2 Version 3 codes does work for the Gameshark 2 version 4 as I have just tested it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005