1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 dvd-r backups boot sometimes

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sleepingb, Jun 13, 2003.

1. sleepingb

sleepingb Member

Hello,

I have a ps2 v7 with a magic 3.1 installed. I paid a guy to do that had done over 60 of these installs. My originals boot fine. My dvd-r backups boot maybe 1 in 6 tries. This happens with all my disks. Sometimes it boots on the first try, sometimes on the 7th try. It seems pretty random. I have a toshiba sd-r5002 dvd burner and I use Princo dvd-r. What could be causing this? Thanks.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I have the same setup as you except for the DVD burner. My backups work fine on my v7 using Princo media but you have to burn at 1x for it to be reliable.

3. sleepingb

sleepingb Member

Thanks for the reply. It is nice to know that the media is ok then. I do burn at 1x speed using alcohol 120% to make the image and then burn it.

4. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

This may sound stupid but I guarantee it's worth a try. If a game doesn't boot take the game out and put it into standby, then lift the front right hand side of the console slightly in the air and drop it. I mean very softly and gently of course. Lift only the right front corner of the PS2 no more than a couple of centimeters and only drop it onto a soft surface like carpet. It may not work the very first time so try a couple of times. I know it sounds crazy but this has worked for me on more than a couple of occasions and if you see improved loading then you probably want to try adjusting the azimuth of the laser unit.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003
  5. sleepingb

sleepingb Member

Thanks. I will give it a try.

6. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I tried princo and had the same problem. it would take 10 tries before the game would boot. When it comes to princo I know people that love them and people who couldn't get them to work. Although, I know more people that didn't like it vs. people that do like them.

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I use prassi primo because it can burn at 1x cd-r speed (not 24x or 48x dvd-r speed which is equivalent to 1x or 2x dvd-+ speed)