1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD Region free

Discussion in 'PS2' started by junchi71, Apr 12, 2004.

1. junchi71

junchi71 Member

Hi guys

I have spent the last 3 hours trawling around the web and alas do not have the information that i require.

My question is quite simple.

I bought a PS2 in the UK around the end of 2001.
    Not to sure what model but i will add that to this post in the morning Australia time once i have check out my hardware.

I can not play DVD from this region I am locked out.
    I would prefer to not buy a region free unlocker ala DVD region X as it is half way to buying a cheap no brand dvd player here in AUS. I would prefer to use the hardware i have thus the PS2. It is not chipped and is as came in the box.

Can i re-program so to speak my current player PS2 to allow me to play all regioned DVD players.

I do have access to a DVD writer but it is not mine.
    I can buy any media dvd disk required.

Do you guys have the answer i am searching for.

I would really appreciate any help you could supply me with.

Cheers
    Junchi

2. smoky

smoky Member

Hey Junchi...you're going to have to change either the disc or the player. You can install a modchip in the PS2 which allows any region to be played. I'm not sure what standard you use in AUS but I'm pretty sure the UK uses PAL so it you use NTSC you will have to check whihc chips have a fix for this. If you don't want to modify your PS2 you could also remove the region encoding from the DVD and re-burn it.

3. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

13 hours more than in Usa so an example is 4.37pm over there is 3 o clock in tha morning

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

not be able to play the regions blame hte bios and the player for this...

either reburn the movies removing the regions... or mod the ps2 so it would let it read multi region... thats about it...

5. junchi71

junchi71 Member

Come on guys

Is there no other way?

Can i not update the PS@ some how....

I do have access to a dvd burner but then would need to treck across town every time i visit the video shop and re burn.

What are these guys on about.....

http://www.geocities.com/raibee/dvdx.html

If possible could you guys explain in newbie terms how this process is done..

And wgat about this are these guys just pulling a swifty
    http://ubb.empireonline.co.uk/showf...318328&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=11&o=&fpart=1

Any ideas?!

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

that code with the pressing dosent really work.... as they dont say where to press it.... i try it and then insert R1 dvd and it didnt let me play... region mismatch then i change the region manualy via the chip and it worked fine....

and that dvdx thing wont work on new ps2 if you have like the v7 and over it wouldnt work....

you cant find this kinda of free soft to use... either buy the regionx or a chip or reburn movies to remove the checks... thats all i can say...

7. junchi71

junchi71 Member

Thanks guys i appreciate your help

Even if it didn't get me an answer i will keep looking....because i aint gonna pay....

There must be a way oh by the way i have a version 4 from the UK so PAl and yeah thats about it.

So the dvd x will work....

There must be a way.its just that you guys don't know what it is yet?

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ps2 is locked... its not like a dvd player... dvd standalones can be hacked and use chips in the them to make them multi regions... even for standalones you have to pay to remove that pesky regions check... i understand that you dont want to pay.... but for this kind of things you HAVE to pay something to get it... its not that we dont know... WE know i told you your options... you can try the dvdx but if you dont have anything to boot it with that will be useless.... cuz backups cant run on ps2 w/o any kind of mod... as the dvdx is a backup home made image you will have to burn it and thats wasting money on a cd to burn.. either way you look at it you have to put money on the line... but thats the choice i leave to you... do what you want... btw nothing is free in this world... the things are free..... are usualy crap..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  9. junchi71

junchi71 Member

Hi Cyprien

No offense in tended with my last line in the last post.

FYI i just emailed sony and i am going to try as i never have before to get something for free.

Will see how i go i never complain and i have juststaretd ona one way track to try and get something for free. Will let you know how i go.

I mean i did buy the PS2 with no malice intended and have since changed countries why is this then to my dis advantage.

I know it is up hill but if i get through to the right person i might be in luck...we shall see.

Thanks again for al your help guys.