1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD Region X Help Needed!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spacee, Jan 24, 2003.

1. spacee

spacee Member

I ordered a ps2 dvd region x from modchip.com.

I live in denmark, Europe... and I have some ntsc games from usa ... but I cant play them

I put the cartridge into the memory slot 1 and load the dvd region x cd ... then it ask me to pick a number between 1 - 6 ... I asume that ntsc games are "1" to I click that ... then it opens the dvd and I replace the dvd region x cd with my ntsc game... and then nothing happens .... I have tried to pick all the numbers from 1 - 6 but nothing happens when I replace the dvd region x cd with my ntsc games

can someone please help me with this problem?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2003
  3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Are these original NTSC games.
    You can start them the normal way without Region X.
    When the picture is black and White you should change the setting on your TV from PAL to NTSC and it's in colour ready to play.

4. spacee

spacee Member

I dont have a modchip in my ps2

these are org. ntsc games, but my ps2 is pal

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Try to start the games at the normal way.
    I have a NTSC game myself and live in Europe.
    I can boot it but it plays in black and white, because my TV can't play NTSC. Mayby yours does !!!!
    TRY IT !!

6. spacee

spacee Member

then it say ... please insert a playstation or playstaion 2 cd

I didnt work, it cant see that it is a playstation game.

guess there are no other way than I have to open my ps2 and install a modship:-/

7. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I had the Neo 2.2 mod with Region X. I remember that Region X was on the Memory Card.
    You can check that by closing the tray without a CD in it and go to the brower. Choose mem card and check if it says anything saved with the name Region X.

8. spacee

spacee Member

I tried to insert the cartridge in memory slot 1. Turn on the ps2 and browse it ... It said "no data"

Then I first loaded the dvd region x and choose the country code for usa/ntsc ... but then it hangup ... giving me no way to browse the cartridge.

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Strange, because I had Region X data on the mem card when I used it with Neo2.2
    Now I have Messiah, but the Region X data is still on the mem card.
    Did you get any instructions with the Region X cd ? mayby you have to install something ??

10. spacee

spacee Member

All the instrustions I got is this:

1. Insert you DVD region X CD into your ps2 drive tray and you DVD region cartridge into memory slot 1 on your ps2 and then reboot your console

2. once the software CD has booted you will be taken to a screen with buttons numbered 1 to 6. From this screen you can play a DVD movie, and when using an RGB video lead you can play in high quality colour. This is a great feature for the avid movie buff.

3. Each number represents a different DVD region - American movies are region 1, therefore choose "1" to play discs for this region.

4. if your movie is from a different region then select the appropriate region number for your disc:
    ----------
    1= usa & canada
    2= japan, europe and south africa
    3= south east asia & hong kong
    4= australia & new zealand
    5= russia & africa
    6= africa
    ----------

5. simply highlight the appropiate numbered button using your D-pad. press "X" to confirm selection.

6. You will be prompted to remove your DVD region X disc and insert your DVD movie disc.

DVD region x will now play your chosen movie

----------------------------------------------
    This keep repeating it is for DVD movies so that must be what it is good for. I thought it could handle games too since they also is on dvd cds.

WizKid is there a way I can just plug something to the usb slot ect. and then be able to play my ntsc games?

I just got 15 new ntsc games and my hands are glowing to play those games ;-)

11. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

12. spacee

spacee Member

yes I looked at that one on modchip.com too ... but I was not sure that it would work for orginal ntsc games ... also it says that I need Action Replay 2 to use it

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Why don't you get a mod like messiah or Magic if you want to buy one anyway.
    It will boot DVD copies too (in the future for you mayby) and they are direct boot.

Think about it.

14. spacee

spacee Member