1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD-rs, Laser Noise and Lifespan

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jg2004, Apr 12, 2004.

1. jg2004

jg2004 Member

I have a few DVD-r games (Need For Speed Underground, Medal of Honour:Rising Sun and GTA3) they all play fine but during playing I hear the ps2 laser loading more loudly and more often than normal ps2 games. My questions are:
    1. Are these games doing real damage to my ps2? (For example Need for Speed loads almost every 5 seocnds)
    2. How long would my laser last if I was playing these games for say half and hour a day?
    A response a be greatly appreciated

2. jg2004

jg2004 Member

Does Anyone have an answer? Ive got more details on my machine if that helps: its a V7 Refurb from Sony (they fixed the laser in it), had it for 3 months and am using Ritek DVD-rs for backing up games.

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

not he games will spin a little faster when they are backups. and yes if u use backups it will ruin the laserfaster then normal games, but there is no way to tell how long a laser is gonna last
    what modchip do u have?

4. jg2004

jg2004 Member

I have a flip top lid, the damage to the laser couldn't be that quick could it?