1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD+RW?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hallucig, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Hallucig

Hallucig Member

I have a game iso, and am looking to burn it to a "sony DVD+RW" disk. I was wondering if this is compatible with a playstation, considering my PS2 runs DVD+R and DVD-R's without any problems.

All help is greatly appreciated.

2. conny119

conny119 Guest

it depends on wot version Ps2 u have theres a thread somewere on this site with the version does wot try a search.

3. conny119

conny119 Guest

i did the search for u.

Serial Number on rear of machine begins with:

version 1 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U1" and has 10 case screws.

version 2 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U0" and has 10 case screws.

version 3 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with "U2" and has 10 case screws.

version 4 = serial number (refer to yellow rectangle in right of image) start with 'U3' 'U4' 'U5' or a 'U6' and has a total of 8 case screws.

version 5 = model number contains the letter 'R' (refer to the red rectangle in right side of image) at the end (example SCPH-30001 R).

version 7 = 3900X is the new PS2 Version 7

Once you have esatblished what version you have, examine the limitations using this chart:

Version 1 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games no dvd-r,dvd-rw compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 2 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r,dvd-rw compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 3 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r, compatability, NO DVD+R, NO DVD-RW,NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 4 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r compatability, NO DVD-RW, NO DVD+R, NO DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

Version 5 - Basic playstation 1&2 Games dvd-r compatability, MILD DVD-RW, MILD DVD+R, MILD DVD+RW COMPATABILITY

SECOND GENERATION PS2
    VERSION 7 - (SECOND GENERATION PS2) Basic playstation 1&2 Games DVD+R,DVD+RW,DVD-R,DVD+RW compatability

The reason you can play dvd+,- ANYTHING is due to the fact that sony has implimented a new laser on the console that is more acurate then it's previous models.

If you want version 4 to read DVD-r, gotta buy the official stupid DVD remote, and use the CD that comes with it to Update the BIOS.

4. danker123

danker123 Member

I have a v7 ps2 and a verbatim DVD+RW
    When I burn a movie on the DVD+RW the playstation reads it fine.
    But when I tried burning a ps2 game on it doesn't boot. (Using SM DVD 2.0)
    Is it the media? Or my ps2 won't boot +RW games?

5. Vular

Vular Member

My ps2 is version 8(wtf does anyone else have this?), it came with the internet adapter, is use swap-discs and burned a few backups using sony dvd-r, and hypermedia dvd+rw 1x-2.4x
    Both run perfect.

6. conny119

conny119 Guest

danker123 it's not ur media verbatim do ass kick disks. it might b a burn error i think u sould wipe the disk and try agian using dvd decypter.

7. evoke

evoke Member

yeah but i know that if you change the pod screw in the laser you can get your PS2 to read most discs.

i had a thread already saying how to do it and what sites to go to if you wanted to find out more