1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD to Multiple CD's, is it possible? "Suikoden 3"

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by jsbuggle, Jun 16, 2004.

1. jsbuggle

jsbuggle Member

I'm new to this forum and making backup copies of PS2 games.

I am doing a favour for a friend, he's bought Suikoden 3 on ebay and is asking me to put it on either DVD or Multiple CDs. Is it possible to put this PS2 DVD on to multiple CD-R discs, and if so would it be possible to explain how, and what programs are necessary to do so.

Also if it is not possible or if it is better to copy the game to a DVD, what is invovled and what will i have to do.

Also what is CD loader?

& how it is possible to make Suikoden 3 work on a chipped PS2.

His PS2 is chipped I can't tell you what version it is because I dod not know.

I'm sorry if this information is answered else where but i did try to search for it and very little information was relevant to my situation.

I'm very greatful to any information provided. I'm new to this and I do not know much about what the technical details involved.

2. darkfayth

darkfayth Member

where did he get a mod chip? do you know,.....a loader is same as a boot disk to my knowladge im trying to figure out how to get a boot disc i hope that peopole respond...
    ?

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

(assuming you going to give both the orignal and backup back to your friend when you have done it)to backup suikoden the easiest option would be to create a 1:1 backup to a dvdr disc using a dvd writer and a burning program like nero 6,dvd decrypter,record now or alcohol 120% to backup to cdr would involve ripping the game and is a long drawn out process using quite a few programs and some knoledge on what your doing or finding a "rip" kit somewere on the net.Backing up to multiple cdr discs would require massive reprograming of the game

4. jsbuggle

jsbuggle Member

Thanks 4 your help
    I put the game on a DVD-R so the palystation which is version 4 or lower can read it. Everything is fine reading wise but it won't play the game. He's got it chipped and is using "action replay version 2" disc. It's Suikoden 2 he's tryin 2 play and he's got a European playstation so of course he can't play the actual game. Wot would he need 2 play the DVD-R copy?
    Any help would b most appreciated

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont know much about sukioden 2 but it might be worth giving cd loader a try

6. jsbuggle

jsbuggle Member

Sorr i meant "Suikoden 3" not 2. Does anyone know how to play this game on a european playstation 2? If anyone knows anything about it i would b greatly appreciative

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004