1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD - Universal Remote Control ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gmane17, Oct 6, 2003.

1. gmane17

gmane17 Member

As the latest versions of PS2 have a built in IR receiver , does anybody know if it is possible to use a universal remote control (such as One-For-All 6 as sold in the UK) to control the DVD functions?
    If so , is there a code that I can use?
    Thanks in advance.

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Dunno about one-for-all, but you can pick up a "compatible" ps2 dvd remote, complete with i/r reciever, for between £10-£15 at markets, computer stores etc.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Don't know, cos I haven't got one....

But IR is IR at the end of the day, and it is just pulsed signals at certain frequencies that make it work...

Can you get hold of someone elses remote and zap that code into your one for all.....that should work as I would expect Sony to have kept with the same original code....

4. jk323

jk323 Guest

yes u can use universal remotes my friend has one but it has to be ps2 compatible it says that on the box sony wont help u out unless u beg them because they want people (us) to have sony brand products aint that gay so they wont help u out with it but u can try try buying a reg ps2 controller i bought mines with ps2 vertical stand +the dvd remote with reciever for only 9.99