1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 DVD vs. CD+Who sells the "clip"

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kjarboe, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

A quick question. How can you tell if a PS2 game is really a DVD or CD? If my sources are correct a ps2 CD has a purple/blue bottom and a PS2 DVD has a silver bottom? Now if I copy a PS2 "CD" media onto a DVD it will not work right? I did this by mistake and it didnt work. Before i trash the DVD+R i want to make sure. ALSO who sells the CLIP for the REAL soldering mod chips. The no solder ones SUCK!!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Kj[/small]

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

You are right about the DVD and CD (silver and purple originals).
    It also says on the back of the case whether it's a CD or DVD.
    For what I know is that CD originals can't be burn onto DVD+r (-r), when you try this (on the fly) the burningsoftware will give you an error such as Wrong media in Writer or so.

3. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

Thats what I thought!! But nero copied it NO errors what so ever. The game was frogger. It was only like 650MB, i dont know why i didnt think to use a CD-R!

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Too bad you used a DVD ...

I remember that I wanted to try a CD game 750 Mb onto a DVD+r and it didn't work.
    Mayby my memory is not as good anymore, and it was like 2 months ago, so...

5. jr_

jr_ Guest

I have a Sony DRU-120A. If it's a CD and you put a DVD in it will just tell you to use the correct media, so it's just not a problem. They also say DVD on the original disk or at least all of them I have seen do.

6. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

Nah i didnt get any error messages. I noticed when the game didnt work on my ps2. It just copied and i wasted a DVD. At first i thought all ps2 media was dvd format, now i know better.