1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Dvd9 ripping tools;guides etc...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by L-Burna, Sep 13, 2003.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

They have released a tool called Apache V1.0 off of ps2ownz.Looks like it could be of some good use.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was wondering if you burned a PS2 ISO with discjuggler and used the overburn button could you burn a Dvd 9gig game full.

3. Prank

Prank Guest

DVD 9 PS2 game? I haven't come across one of these yet, what is the game?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance there are more but like you said there aren't alot but it would be nice to have the full game right.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  5. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I don't think that you could overburn 4 gigs, sounds pretty tricky, but give it a shot and tell us how it turns out. I sincerly doubt it though. You may be able to overburn 100 megs or so but not from 4.7 to 9 gigs, thats quite a bit...Prank....there are 2 forms of dvd. The kind that is manufactured from that you would buy at a store. These are burned on a dvd-9 (9 gig dvd, which you cannot burn onto a normal dvd -/+ burner). There are also dvd -/+ which are 4.7 gigs and these are what we do use to burn a dvd backup. Most games are under 4.7 gigs so we typicly dont have to worry about this problem.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I tried it and it didn't work.CloneDvd might work but doubt it.

7. Prank

Prank Guest

Yeah I figured the DVD 9 thing when I got a burner. As for the Game, I have always wondered weather there was a corelation between .PSS files on PS2 games and the .PSS files used to create PS2 VCD's (Type of Audio and Video Stream). If so you may want to try removing some of these files for alternate languages, or maybe compress them (a lot Harder). But obviously I have never done this as I am yet to come across a PS2 DVD 9.