1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 DVD's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 416mike, Jul 29, 2003.

1. 416mike

416mike Guest

I have recently been starting to burn my own PS2 games. I had been haveing a hard time figuring out why they wouldn't play. i foned the company that installled my chip and they told me the lens inside of the PS2 has a hard time reading lighter bottom DVD's. now my dad just bought me a set of 50 dvd's for 80. i went out a bought a dvd lens cleaner... and by god it worked.. after i popped it in. it started reading the games that were not working before. so if ppl are having the same problerm i hope i helped.
    my question is what is the best type of DVD to burn with? where can i get the solid dark coloured ones?

2. Demon187

Demon187 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2003
  3. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

First off, PS2's do not have a hard time reading light colored disks. They must be misinformed.

Actually on a stock PS2 the first thing usually to go is its ability to ready "Blue backed" disks. So if anything were true it would be reversed.
    Dark disk are used for achieving information, they are not as susceptible to UV light and others.

The best disks to use for your Ps2 are Verbatim. They have the most reflective properties on the market. 80% of a pressed (retail) disk.

Generally any high quality brand will do.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

The best brands in my opinion are Fujifilm, Ritek, Memorex, and Verbatim, you can't go wrong with any of those brands.

5. 416mike

416mike Guest

well.. ur right about the verbatim's they are the best but have u ever noticed then when u buy burned games from a store 90% of the games have an almost black surface on the bottom of the dvd?