1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Eject button blinks, mod chip installed! Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by im_etten, Apr 29, 2003.

1. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I am new at this so I need help! I have a V4 no gap mod chip. I have installed a Magic 3.6 w chip clip. When I turn on my PS2 and try to eject the tray the button blinks and then goes off. I unsoldered the 5 volt wire to see if I could get it to work normally but it only worked a few times but the screen is black. The screen is black when the chip is installed also. I checked my connections and they all look ok, I think? I have been reading and one thread said that I need to use 22 or 23 agw wire and I am using 25 agw, does it really matter? Could it be a fuse? I have also heard something about the P11 or PS11 fuse?
    Please help!!

2. benv

benv Guest

It maybe something as simple as the ribbon for the eject button being loose or not connected at all. That happened to me once.

3. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I thaought the same thing but I unsoldered the 5V power wire to the chip and I got the tray to open a couple times and then it quit... that's why I was thinking it was a fuse or a bad connection. If it is a bad connection, I would like to know which points on the V4 are the ones connected to the chip that run the eject button? Can someone tell me where the fuses are that I would need to check, like the PS11??? Thanks.

4. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

Your'e hosed, just throw your PS2 away. j'k. why not try a new ribbon cable you can get them at lik-sang.

5. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I am pretty sure my eject cable works... I got it to work when I unsoldered the 5V wire. I have another PS2 I can take the ribbon cable from that and give it a try. What do I do if that deosn't fix my problem? I was thinking of sending off my PS2 to have someone who knows what to do and how to fix it to get it fixed. Any suggestions on where to send it? I would rather try to resolve the issue on my own... I think I can fix it I just can't narrow down my problem...