1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 emulator for PC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sirksam, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Has anyone actually emulated a PS2 game on the computer, at either full speed or slow speed? I just want to know, because I did once but never got the game running, only the main menu.

2. 2HOTT4U

2HOTT4U Guest

ya , me, with smackdown vs raw 2006, but it slow, do u know of any other fgood emulators beside pcsx2, wat emulator are u using???

3. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

PCSX2 is still very much in development. Today, the emulator runs a few commercial games with some glitches - however, the main problem is the speed. Consequently, don't expect a great playing experience when playing PS2 games on your PC.

4. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

He's right... at the moment if you go tot the PCSX2 website... download the latest one and make sure your computer is running on either 1GB - 4gb ram, a 256MB Graphic card, and a 2.6 - 3.2GHz Processor for good results... I have all that and play Tekken 4 (PS2) without too many glitches but it works anyway...

5. nash79

nash79 Regular member

The most cost effective way to play PS2, GC or XBOX games now is to buy the actual console :)
    Cause even with the muscled configuarion that vegeta999 has, which is very good btw, there are still game compatibility issues, and very few titles are playing at an acceptable rate.
    I beleive having read somewhere that emulator must be fine tuned everynow and then to make it compatible with more games.
    So if you want to play Ps2 games without frustrations from your pc hardware or games compatibility, get yourself a PS2 (used ps2s are available for bargains).

6. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Exacly, you'll save alot of money buying a new graphics card or new ram or a new processor...( thts abit extreme ) lol. Used PS2s shoulc be $70 - $60... but if you like the slim edition grab it ! for $149... and trust me; a graphics card like Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS like the one i have is about $86 So already ur better off gettin a used PS2... :) Agreed ?