1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Emulator for xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by electwire, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The Xbox can barely handle the N64, what makes people think it can handle PS2?

2. electwire

electwire Member

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

4. tomfulp

tomfulp Member

Achilles3
    _ 21. February 2005 @ 20:33 _ Send private message to this user
    The Xbox can barely handle the N64, what makes people think it can handle PS2?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you make me laugh. The xbox cannot barely handle emulating the N64? What are you a Sony fan or something because thats total bullshit.

These are the following consoles that xbox is capable of emulating, its just that there aren't smart enough people to program it out there, or they're to busy or lazy to do it.

N64 can be emulated good, depending on whos making the emulator for the xbox. I mean for fusks sake, I have an emulator for dreamcast that plays nintendo 64 roms at I get fps rates at 25-30 fps.

Playstation 1 defintly can be emulated on the xbox, since even dreamcast emulated the playstation 1. And trust me it emulated it good, try a ripped copy of BLEEM for dreamcast and put games such as final fantasy 7 in it, sadly the emulator doesn't play the full game but it can emulate the graphics but it ends up freezing during better. And the fps are amazing on it, and the graphics on ff7.

People are morons, they say its completely impossible for the xbox to emulate the ps2, no offense to those morons but they are wrong. The ps2 is a pathetic system which can be compared to a dreamcast. Its not even considered this generation technology in consoles. The gamecube and xbox surpass it in graphics and mhz power.

The playstation 2 has a pathetic 300mhz in its console. I own a ps2 and I am quite pissed because sony doesn't give refunds on there systems, like my sony system won't play blue discs because its one of the first flawed ps2's released. So do I hate sony? Yes I do, and I hope someone sues the pants off them one day, plus they stopped sega from making consoles, and I love sega. Now evil sony is trying to stop Nintendo aswell. And without Nintendo there is no Zelda games, which means thats bad.

Guess how many mhz the xbox has it??? It has 733mhz, thats more then two ps2's put together. Hell, you would need the power of 3 ps2's to even compete with the xbox. I'd give an estimate of about 20-30 fps seconds if someone released a good and I mean good emulator for the xbox to play ps2 games. But its quite possible, since ps2's hardware is really outdated and only can be compared to a dreamcast 1999 system.

Some of you people on this website talk out your ass.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hey man we all would like to see a PS2 emulator on Xbox, but as the head moderator at Xbox-Scene.com put it, it's not gonna happen and I think he knows what he's talking about. It all sounds good in theory, but if you could prove me (and the X-S mod) wrong by pointing out some actual source of a PS2 emulator for Xbox out there, I'd appreciate it. But if it was possible in the first place, we would be seeing some kind of PS2 emulator for Xbox floating out there by now right? To say that people are stupid/lazy to make a PS2 emulator, I think you are offending a lot of people who would like to see you prove them wrong. So will you? As far as I know, that much difference in speed doesn't mean jack.

Take a look at the DC emulator for PC called Chankast as an example. In order to run Chankast you will need an Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon XP or any other processor that supports SSE ([bold]2 Ghz or faster recommended[/bold]), ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce video card (or any other card that supports hardware T&L), DirectX 9b, Windows XP, 2003 or 2K (other Windows versions will not work).

Source: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20636

The Xbox is an Intel Celeron 733mhz (1/3 of the requirements) and you think it's capable of emulating the PS2? Please enlighten us again with actual facts and not just your theories.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Well said....

7. tomfulp

tomfulp Member

You're not smart, end of discussion. I'm out!

8. teedo757

teedo757 Member

So many facts, which one to choose??? Wait there was almost no facts, I guess only time will tell if a ps2 emu ever finds its way to the xbox but I would not hold my breath.

9. tomfulp

tomfulp Member

Its possible to run ps2 games on the xbox, but is someone going to make a ps2 emulator for the xbox? I doubt it, they will probably wait until xbox 2 comes out to make a ps2 emulator so that the fps can be better.

10. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Why wait, xbox 2 is probobally coming out this year and by then its probobally going get the living day-light modded out of it..so by then theres gotta be ps2 emulator for either xbox or xbox 2. Xbox 2 is gonna be sick...Halo 3....

11. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

A PS2 emulator for Xbox 2 is a possibility, no doubt. But as of this generation Xbox, it is just impossible. And that's exactly why no one has ever made one, simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005
  12. Squee

Squee Guest

Achilles3 honestly...you want people to to accept that a PS2 emulator isn't possible because some guy on anouther forum said so? And after you said that an N64 emulator doesn't even run that well? Lemme tell the XBox is more than capable of running a full speed N64 emulator, just because the one you saw couldn't do it doesn't mean it's not possible. Almost NO emulator runs ANYTHING at full speed on any platform untill after it's been in development for a while, it's go nothing to do with the power of the XBox and everything to do with the developement stage of the emulator. As for whether a PS2 emulator is possible on the XBox, who knows, who really cares? Would it be an interesting project? Hell yes, and I'm sure someone would try just for the challenge, as people do with most things, for the challenge. The simple fact that the XBox doesn't have much of a life left to it because it's coming close to the usual five year period (give or take a few years) for the release of new consoles means that we'll probably never know...

13. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I could care less if it's possible or not cuz I already have both Xbox and PS2. But hey, if the moderator of the most respected Xbox forum on the net said it's impossible, who am I to argue? But if you try to search for it, I believe the closest thing you'll come across is a current PS2 emulator for PC, PCSX2, that requires a crapload of plug-ins and configurations and only has 6-7 comatible games. Xbox may be a PC-based console, but the technology is almost 5 years old. PS2 and Xbox are one year apart and are totally different in architectures, I'd have to agree with the Xbox-Scene mod.

I might be wrong but Surreal64 has the best 3 N64 emulators for Xbox and they still don't run that good. A bunch of games I played were glitchy and some just went straight to the black screen. Maybe you know of a better N64 emulator?

14. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

lol nice thread achilles:))
    there is of course the memory issue!!
    and youre right regarding surreal too! again...memory issue. Forget for a minute how many mhz it is, and how many pairs of pants it wears.!
    Although I do think the modders have done wonders with the mame and kawax emulators (virtual memory)
    And like achilles says, dude, get a dell........oh no he sorry didnt say that:)
    I mean dude, go buy a ps2.!!
    ........ a ps2 emulator may not even find its way to the next gen xbox!
    By the way my XBOX just made me my tea, and some toast, Im gonna call it "Lt. Data"
    anyone want a slice??

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  15. rockkoffe

rockkoffe Guest

where do I Download an nintendo 64 emulator for xbox.. and
    how do i install it?..
    and how do i install a xSnes9x emulator

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2005