1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 EYE TOY USED AS P.C WEB CAM

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bigfrosty, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bigfrosty

bigfrosty Guest

Hi all, i have just found that if you plug your "PS2 Eye Toy" into your p.c (XP PRO) it will be reconised as a "logitech Eye Toy USB Camera" which is a good thing, but the bad thing is that i cant find a driver to enable it to work.
    Do any of you have / know of where i can get hold of one (free of course).
    If this works then i should imagine that the quality from the eye toy would be better than that from a cheap web cam, but we will have to see when (if) i find a suitable driver.
    Many thanks
    B.F

2. bigfrosty

bigfrosty Guest

Sorry All, Didnt mean to leave Cap Lock on when i did the thread name,
    again sorry
    B.F

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

find model# off label on webcam & check logitech for possible driver

4. bigfrosty

bigfrosty Guest

thank you very much for your help, as it is i found this website which provided me with the correct drivers needed, http://www.ionstorm.co.uk/files/sairuk/ followed the links / details for instruction.
    all set up and running very good quality better than any other web cam i have seen. resolution excellent and the mike on the eye toy 2 is very good too.
    maybe i was a bit quick to post this thread as i sorted this out myself, but hey i am a newbie.
    thank you very much for your help though.
    B.F

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn

6. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well i guess the eye toy is better than it seemed to me at first, a 2 in 1 combo, a ps2 game thingy, and a PC webcam. I might just try and get my hands on one of those....