1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 fan voltage and question

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by cuttt, Nov 10, 2004.

1. cuttt

cuttt Member

I bought a PS2 that had no video/audio. after inspection, I noticed a modchip installation was attempted on it and there was damage to the board and fan plug in. I repaired a couple traces and now the PS2 is back to life. The only thing is that the fan does not work. I am wondering how many volt the fan needs to run. I was thinking of connecting it to a different place since the original contacts are kinda messed up. So the voltage for it would be appreciated. Another question is, does the fan come on automatically after you power on the PS2 or it only comes on when the PS2 warms up. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanx in adavnce.

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

the fan is 5 volt that happend to me in a version 7 so i search for diagrams for magic 3.1 to get a point with 5 volts and it works.

the fan turn on when you turn on the ps2

3. cuttt

cuttt Member

Thanx alot lucifer69. I found the nearest 5v point from the fan and connected to it and grounded the other wire. The PS2 now works flawlessly, the fan starts when turned on and stops on standby. Thanx for the info, this helped me a great deal.