1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 files on HDD w/ USBExtreme

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jm1tchell, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jm1tchell

jm1tchell Member

Hello all. First post. New to PS2 modding/backups. I have a chipped XBox so I have a general idea of how things are supposed to work but need a little guidance in getting started.

My first question is what are the files supposed to look like on a hard drive after extracting an iso using USBExtreme? When i ran it, it put like 3 or 4 files on the hdd root and they were ul.574F9590.SCUS_973.99.00, then ....01, then 02. Is this right? or are they supposed to look like the normal files in the iso? (real tree structure)

I have Swap Magic Coder (just arrived yesterday) and magic keys 2 but havent installed them yet. I read somewhere on here that USBExtreme wont work with a lot of games. Is it best to burn a backup of the games and run off the dvd rather than hdd? I would much rather run off hdd due to laser issues and such. I have a ps2 slim (i think v15), is usbextreme the best way to load an iso to hdd?

Thanks in advance for you help guys. This sight is awesome. There is so much information here. That almost makes it difficult to find exactly what I am looking for though. Keep up the great work.

2. jm1tchell

jm1tchell Member

Any help out there? I installed magic keys and ps2 boots to coder. when i run smboot i just get a black screen. i have ulaunch, and a couple of other elf files. but nothing doing. Any ideas? Thanks.