1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Flip Top Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dinho03, Oct 5, 2004.

1. dinho03

dinho03 Member

My PS2 was working fine with the Slide Card them I decide to install the flip top cover, after that sometimes works and sometimes not, and when it does not work I notified that the CD does not spin and does not load…
    Anyone can help???

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

1. After you swap, spin the disc with your fingers to make sure it is loaded straight.
    2. You might verify that your fliptop is fully seated on your PS2... Does it line up flush with the rest of the PS2? Some fliptops are poorly made. Leave the top up after you swap and put the white magnetic disc on top of your backup before pressing X. If this works, you need to make lineup adjustments to your fliptop.

3. knapptown

knapptown Member

I found I have to press start on 1st controller once I swap with the backup disk, but I make sure it spins freely or else it won't load properly. Maybe different versions require different button to get backup to load, but only start button works for me.

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

I have heard that different buttons do different things, but have not seen a list of which button does what. If anyone knows, please post to this thread.