1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Flip top noise

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BigC46, Apr 21, 2007.

1. BigC46

BigC46 Member

I've installed a flip top on my V7 PS2 and everything works fine. My PS2 reads games fine and backups work with swap magic. The only thing is the loud noise from the white spinner on the lid. Putting some weight down on it stops the noise, but that probably isn't good for it. I've read from other posts that making the screws loose on the bottom of the PS2 usually fixes it. Has this worked for anyone? How far did you have to loosen the screw before the noise went away (or reduced significantly)? Also, does this noise signify damage (to the laser, cd tray, etc.), or is it just a harmless nuisance?

2. BigC46

BigC46 Member

Also, while I was installing the Flip top one of the plastic rod things in the case pressed down on the eject ribbon cable (Tucking in that cable was the hardest part for me). It looks like a screw pressed against the cable and left a mark. The eject and power button work though. Was I lucky, or was this not really that damaging to the cable? Will it break in the future?

3. BigC46

BigC46 Member

Nevermind, I found the problem. I found out exactly how the white plastic works, so I just pushed the center of the flip top cover a little bit so the magnet would fully stick to the spinner in the cd tray. I can't tell if this scratches the game more since my PS2 always leaves minor scratches on my games (Which I hear is pretty common).