1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Flip Top original Import game problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ltcolfury, Dec 26, 2004.

1. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

I currently use the Flip Top for my PS2 (V4 or 5) using the Swap Magic Disks. While I never had an issue before, right now I cannot get a game to boot. I have an "original" PS2 import Japanese game. (Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3)

I put in the Swap Magic DVD and at the prompt when it says "Insert Disk" I do that. On this particular game, all I get is a black screen and the disk is running in the PS2.

After reading numerous posts and such I figured I might need the CD Loader disk. I downloaded it burned that to disk. (I used Alcohol 120% then CloneCD after the 1st disk didn't work)

Now here is where the problem arises again:
    I put in the Swap Magic CD V3.2, wait for the prompt that says "Load Program" and "Normal" "Pal" or "NTSC". I leave it on normal.
    I place the "Cd Loader" disk in the Flip Top part and press "X" on my controller at the "Load Program" prompt. All I see is a Purple bar on both sides of my screen and it just sits there.

Does anyone have any suggestions to my current issue? I appreciate any advice you can give me and I thank you in advance.

2. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

Well, I was able to get the disk to boot up once. (I attempted this at least a dozen times)

I put in the Swap Disk CD
    Lifted Lid, Put in the CD Loader
    Ejected, Put in Swap Disk DVD, at prompt (EA thing)
    Put in UFE3.

All it did was sit at a blank screen like it does when I try to boot it from the Swap Magc DVD disk. This is weird because my other imports boot up normally using just the Swap Magic DVD disk.

This is very disappointing to say the least.

3. ltcolfury

ltcolfury Member

I am now able to boot the disks as descibed.
    Load Swap Magic CD
    Load CD Loader
    Eject, Load Swap Magic DVD
    Load game.

My game still goes to a blank screen AFTER I put in the Swap Magic DVD disk, and the disk is still moving. It is the same thing as if I loaded the Swap Magic DVD by itself.

What I find ironic is that all of my other imports boot fine with just the DVD boot disk.

Please...does anyone have any suggestions regarding this? Someone has to know what the issue is. The game I am trying to play is an Original Brand New Japanese import game. (Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3)

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.