1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 format disk???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by as2amann, Mar 4, 2005.

1. as2amann

as2amann Member

I recently installed a modchip into my PS2. Now when I try to turn it on it will start loading fine and everything but instead of loading the game it goes to a different screen that says somthing about a PS2 format disk... Does anyone know what happen to my PS2? Does I fusk up my PS2? Where would I get a format disk? Please help....

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

a 'PS2 format disc' is basically any ps2 game. Is it asking for this when you try loading a backup game or even with originals?
    If it's asking this for both, then you probably messed up the installation.

3. as2amann

as2amann Member

Thanks for your reply to my problem. It was doing it to both the original and the copy. I feared that a messed up the installation also, which started to piss me off, but I tried a few more times, booting it up in as many differant ways as possible and I finally got them both to work!

For anyone else with this problem try doing what I did, which was leaving the PS2 in stand-by mode for about 5 sec and then hit the reset. This worked for me.. Hope this helps..
    Thanks anyways dragulaAC