1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 freezes after a while - when it gets a bit hot 5-10 mins

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ghostboy6, May 1, 2007.

1. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

my ps2 v15 freezes at around 2-10 mins of opening everytime. I dont think its a cause of overheating because it was just turned on. any game i try would just stop when the ps2 logo goes out and freeze the console. any ideas?? i tried searching but didnt find any.
    EDIT: even on the browser and the settings screen of the ps2 it hangs up. just by pushing up and down makes the ps2 freeze in a weird way. the animations still move but you cant do anything >< any help would be appreciated

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

is it modded at all or is this a stock console?
    Is it still under warranty from Sony or the place that you bought it?

3. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

yeah its modded and still under warranty since i just bought it yesterday. oddly the animations still move but both sound and user control is gone. i was thinking on returning it to the store and get it fixed or replaced but i posted here to sorta learn about this problem and any way of fixing it.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Doesn't sound like a premodded PS2 or is it? And when you said you bought 'this' yesterday, what did you mean by it? The PS2 or mod-chip you installed or paid someone to install?

5. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

like i said i bought my premodded ps2 yesterday which has a sucky chip (Super 7). anyway im going back to the store to return it and get it fixed or get a replacement hopefully.
    p.s. even on the browser screen (the black screen with those blue lights when theres no disc in it) this thing happens.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

that would be my advice, take it back, get them to not only fix it but put in a better quality mod chip (even if it cost a few extra dollars it will be worth it)
    Crystal Chip V2.0
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pro
    or on a tight budget Duo3 Gold

settle for no less. If they refuse get your money back and buy a premod somewhere else.