1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 freezes up with different games after long play.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 99cobra1, Jan 11, 2004.

1. 99cobra1

99cobra1 Member

Using originals not backups my PS2 freezes up after playing for an hour sometimes it takes longer. It has done it with 3 different games 2 of which are practically brand new. Does anybody have any ideas? I have read about laser problems but I dont remember freezing up being one of the symptoms. Also the PS2 is a V7 that I bought brand new about 5 months ago. If this has been discussed already sorry I looked around for a while and could not find anything about it. In case anybody wanted to know what games.....so far ATV off road fury 2 (no scratches at all) ESPN basketball(no scratches at all) and The Thing (does have some small scratches). If anybody has any ideas, I appreciate it.

2. account

account Guest

make a backup of the game then try the back up and see if it still freezes

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

this can be caused by overheating,codes,reaing problems,the ps2 dosent on a stable surface...

1)overheating - the ps2 sometimes overheates when it's near a wall or closed in a small space or works over times(12 to 24 hours)

2)codes - using GS AR or CB codes may frezze the game later on or frezze the game from the start check if the codes you use dont make the frezze

3)reading problems - this can be the most cummon problem of them all the ps2 reaches area he cant play and just frezze this happen to me few times in ssx3

4)ps2 not stable - sometimes people just leave the ps2 standing or leave it just to ley there sometimes this can cause problem since the ps2 spins the disks at about 2000rpm the spins may cause the ps2 to move n cause reading errors to make the game lock itself this can happen belive or not....