1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Freezing

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Octospire, May 20, 2007.

1. Octospire

Octospire Member

My Ps2 keeps freezing up on me I push the reset or eject button and nothing happens. The screen just stays locked in the same way and the music gets stuck on a loop and ocassionally the ps2 makes weird noises while doing this. Its driving me insane i've already taken it to be repaired once and that did nothing. They readjusted the laser arm and cleaned it and I'm no closer to playing games trouble free. Its a fat PS2 with a modbo modchip. Before the modchip I had no problems could it be the modchip messing it up?

Thanks In Advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

If you are in the USA then send it to Teammodders.com
    Anyone who just cleans the laser and adjusts it, something anyone can easily do themselves, and calls themself a repair shop is a joke.
    The mod chip being the problem is always possible. The Modbo is not a very good chip anyway. Was the chip installed by the same "repair" shop as the one who cleaned and adjusted the laser, which by the way has absolutly nothing to do with the problem you have. Cleaning and adjusting the laser is good for fixing about 2 things.
    1. disc read errors
    2. problems with disc playback like skipping.

3. Octospire

Octospire Member

Unfourtunetly I'm down under in Australia. The Chip was installed by the same people who I took it to, to be repaired. Any more help or advice on this would be great

4. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I think all you have to do is get Laser replaced.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  6. Octospire

Octospire Member

Thanks For the Help I contacted the repair shop and they said they would fix the problem free of charge. I'll give them another go after all its free. If it doesnt fix it i'll take it to the other mob you reccommended.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Glad to hear they are at least standing behind their work. That is rare these days. Hopefully they can get you all fixed up and running again.