1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 from Europe

Discussion in 'PS2' started by abrin14, May 23, 2007.

1. abrin14

abrin14 Guest

Dear all,

I need your help. I have 2 ps2 slimline one purchase in the US and the other one purchase in the UK.

My goal is to enable me to play games from Europe and watch DVD from Europe.

The problem is that when i cannot play them on the US ps2 as it is different region settings.

When i plugged the PS2 from the Uk into an US Tv the image is in black and white and keep jumping.

Can you please advise me which is the easiest way for me to achieve my goal?

Thanks

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

method 4
    Get a good modchip installed and your PS2 will play games from any region.

As far as movies that is not quite so easy. DVD RegionX wqould be your best bet as mentioned above. Never used it on PS2 but i do have it on my Xbox and it works great. But your TV still has to support that format or it will not show on the screen. you will get a message about the format not being supported.

4. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

ye if you got it chiped you could sell one of ur ps2's as it would be able to do it all.