1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Game Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ConsoleX, Nov 2, 2004.

1. ConsoleX

ConsoleX Guest

Hello

Currently I have a ps2 game which I'm very sticked to.
    I also have a memory card to save all the levels each time I quit. Since I'll be going abroad a few weeks more I decided to make a backup of this game using an iso image burt with nero. I've tried the game on the console but it only said 'put a ps2 game'

What shall I do ?

BTW , both my PS2 are still new and have never been mod chipped in anyway. Hope this is clear enough to prove my legal backup purposes.

Thankyou

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

You need a modchip or if you don't want to open your ps2 get some swap magic discs and either a slide card or flip top to go with them.

3. ConsoleX

ConsoleX Guest

Can expalin this better, where can I get this stuff from?

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

5. madmax69

madmax69 Member

What you need is a method of booting your burned discs....original non modded ps2 do not boot burned discs...The best method is to install a mod chip...they run anywhere from $10 to $50 but it is not a simple installation and requires someone skilled to do it...and for that they charge good money...The most cost effective method is to buy a disc called swap magic...it should boot about 98% of dvd games out there...Basically you are going to place that disc and once it loads you need to open your tray with it still running and swap in your burned disc and press X...problem is how do you open the tray with the disc running??? For that.. people will use either a slide card or a flip top which is a custom made ps2 cover that can open from the top while ps2 is running and you can swap the disc.. www.revolution-sales.com has good prices for fliptop swap magic combos.....never bought anything from them but saw they have good prices....

6. ConsoleX

ConsoleX Guest

I don't want to sound sarcastic but is there a way to do play a backup without the use of cards chips etc ?

How does ps2 deny this ?

I mean I just need it for 1 game not for trading purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2004
  7. madmax69

madmax69 Member

That I know of.....NO...You must have a method of booting the burned discs..It's not like copying a cd and playing in your regular cd player...thats much simpler...and even then certain players won't play burned cds...so really you need to install a modchip or use hd loader or swapmagic....I f you don't want to..then just take your original game with you on your trip...I myself really don't backup games alot...Only the ones that my little brothers play alot and they are not as careful as I am so I have backups to be safe...If you don't mishandle them.. the data is not gonna deteriorate and you lose your game....If you are careful and it's just one disc for a trip... save yourself the trouble and money and just take the original with you.....

8. ConsoleX

ConsoleX Guest

Thats fine thanks for your help.