1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 game burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bucsfan, Aug 26, 2004.

1. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

Ok ive never done any backing up or playing back up games so i have a simple but maybe complex questions or few questions.

I plan to get a slide card combo for my ps2 as seen http://modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

I have a dvd burner and i was wondering how to make backups and what type of media is best. I have nero and record now.

2. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

i also plan to play online so please inform me if u know of any problems i might have

3. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

I can't help you with the online part because I don't even have the network adapter but for burning, you should get dvd decrypter (it's a freeware so try searching it with google, it should in the first page). So basicly all you have to do with that program is enter mode iso read to make save an image (iso format) on your hard drive then you go to iso write and burn that image. It's really that simple. For the media, it's a little complex, it depends of your PS2 version (http://www.mod-chip.com/ps2version.htm), older versions (V1-3) can't read DVD+R and the others can (mine is a V4 and it reads DVD+R perfectly) but all versions can read DVD-R, I know people are using the following brands: TDK, Maxel, Verbatim, Ritek (AKA Ridata) and Memorex. I personally tried Verbatim and Memorex and everything worked perfectly but I know some people have problems with Memorex discs, I will soon try HP discs.

4. bucsfan

bucsfan Guest

i forgot to mention i was also wondering if i could copy a ps2 game just by making an exact copy with record now or nero

5. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

That's the best way to make a copy but I suggest you use DVD Decrypter it's really simple and fast. Make sure you don't make a copy on the fly if you use Nero and it should work.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004