1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Game Copying??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xkk10, Mar 4, 2005.

1. xkk10

xkk10 Guest

hi,
    i was wondering...
    i rented a bunch of games to try and figure out to burn them, but i do not know the best program for copying them...which program is the best for copying ps2 games??

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

alcohol 120%

3. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

renting games and copying them is piracy and helping others in pirating games is forbidden in the forum.asking for this could get you banned bro next time dont ask about pirating copying games that you dont own.if a mod would read your request you would got banned for sure.

4. bailsk8er

bailsk8er Member

i thought they just close your thread

5. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

PHUC IS BACK!!!!

d00d, don't forget about the lil' chip in the rented games. It sends a signal out to the feds if it's detected that the disc is in a computer.

I know about the chips, I had to install them on the discs when I worked at the video store. That's the reason I quit.

6. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

then, why dont u just unplug your network cable? Wont that solve all... and how's a chip on a disc? I could see a piece of data on it, but you dont place chips on dvds. your story's full of holes. And how does the store get the data on the disc when the game is allready written on it.

Anyways, I want to backup some games that I purchased, can you tell me how to do that? That surely isn't agaist the forum rules.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hah...not another one of these threads, the last one finally went away.

8. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

the chip transfers the data via Radio-like waves. It's a micro-microchip. We placed them under little stickers that were near the center of the discs.

The transfering of the data has nothing to do with whether you're connected to the internet or not, as I said it broadcasts the data so to speak through high frequency radio waves.

It's pretty advanced stuff.

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I guess you could go the 'Conspiracy Theory' method and tinfoil your house.

10. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

isnt it expensive to make each disc capable of sending radio waves strong enough to reach the rental store kilometers away?

11. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

actually, the chip is similar to the RIDs used by WalMart and the like. The RIAA/MPAA/and game companies are sparing no expense to stop piracy. With piracy costing those companies "trillions" of dollars, they just install receivers at various points all over the globe and it just transmits to the nearest one, which in turn relays back to the copyright owners.

12. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

if the chip is in the sticker, couldn't u take it off and then put it back on when ur done? or will it send a signal when u take it off? Arent most pirated games online from a real game copy anyways. And do the crappier, no name rental stores even have these chips on the discs?

13. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

You can make a copy of anything that you want as long as you do not make a profit from it, like selling your back ups! I'm tired of dealing with idiots.

14. vans12

vans12 Regular member

lol yea I think you should tin foil your house like dragulaAC said. it also keeps away the martains from reading your mind, it is a 2 for 1 deal.lol

15. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Quit crying wolf! People gotta be retarded to believe this S%@#!!!

16. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, i am glad someone told me about the chips in ps2 games before i tryed it. i was wondering do they put chips in dvd movies also?

17. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

There aint no chips in any games or movies. Dont you think that before they go putting chips on the discs so if it gets put in a comp it sends a msg to the MPAA, theyd consider people who dont have dvd players and are using a dvd-rom drive to play them.

18. steimy

steimy Active member

not another one of these, what a pure waste of
    forum space.

here's the deal.
    1. There are no freakin' chips!
    2. renting a game and burning it is illegal that is why
    people try scare tactics like this.
    3. since it is illegal, and against forum rules to discuss
    you will have to figure it out on your own.
    4. do you know you have to modify your PS2 to play them?
    if not then start reading up on it first, get what you need
    then worry about burning games.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  19. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

i have everything i need it just has not worked right yet. and i have dvd-rs. tio yuden or whatever they are called and they were not cheap. i used dvd dycripter. the typical: read iso and then write iso. i used burning at 1x and it failed. 2 times. i don't know why. i am going to try again and i will put the error message on this site. i know what i am doing with movies... for the most part. but ps2 games, i am a beginer. any tips?

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

What are you using to boot the games?