1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 GAME EMULATORS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by skrib, Apr 17, 2007.

1. skrib

skrib Guest

I AM PRETTY ADVANCED AT EXPLOITING THE PS2. I AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS IMMEDIATELY. HOWEVER, I AM LOOKING FOR A NINTENDO EMULATOR SO I CAN PLAY MARIO BROS ON MY PS2. INFONES DOESNT SEEM TO WORK WELL. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY NINTENDO EMULATORS FOR PS2, AND IN RETURN I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. EMAIL ME AT gemunitionzz@verizon.net

2. oenone

oenone Member

sirs how can i extract bios from my slim ps2?

i have already downloaded and installed the latest release pcsx2 0.9.2
    , how do you ocnfigure it .

is there a guid i can follow that i can read in this furom?

thanks .

3. Sythun

Sythun Member

Please don't use caps all the time, its annoying.
    And I don't think there is a nintendo emulator for ps2

4. skrib

skrib Guest

5. skrib

skrib Guest

dumping bios:

Grab PS2Link 1.22 and XLink Beta 1.

A. Power on your ps2 and use ps2menu to browse to your BADATA-SYSTEM directory on your memory card.

B. Find EXECFTPS.ELF and hit X to execute it. If all goes well it should come up saying "FTP Server initialized on port 21…!”

C. Now open up your favorite FTP Application and ftp into your ps2. Any
    username/password combo will work. You should be presented with a mc
    folder. Double click into the mc folder and you will see a 0 folder.
    When you are inside your memory card, locate the BADATA-SYSTEM folder
    and create a new folder called ps2link.

D. Now use winrar to extract the ps2link_122.tar.gz archive you
    downloaded from ps2dev. Delete the licenses folder, and the README file
    to save the most space on your memory card.

E. Open the IPCONFIG.DAT from the ps2link_122.tar.gz with notepad. Just
    like before, fill out the ip information like we did above for the
    memory card exploit.

F. FTP all the files from the ps2link archive into the ps2link folder
    you created on your ps2 memory card. After the transfer is complete,
    turn the ps2 off with the switch at the back. Then boot back into
    ps2menu.

G. Once back into ps2menu, browse to the BADATA-SYSTEM folder and go
    into your newly created ps2link folder. Find and highlight the
    ps2link.elf and press X to execute it.

H. Once the ps2link server is started, unpack the xlink_win32_beta1.zip archive you downloaded from ps2dev.

I. When you open XLink it prompts for the ps2 ip information. Fill that in and press save. Next go to PCSX2.net - News and grab the dumpbios archive.

J. In XLink, make sure it says Connected at the top, then press Run.
    Locate your DUMPBIOS.ELF and set any options you would like (such as
    shutting down the ps2 after your file has been run).

K. Congratulations, after a few minutes you should have dumped your
    ps2’s bios! You also have setup your ps2 to run pretty much anything
    you throw at it.

6. iamwhoib

iamwhoib Member

I have been tring to put snes station on my ps2.Ive used about 8 discs and they all did the same thing, it would try to load up and then go black. I ve tried different ways of doing it and got the same results. I am using swap magic and nero I tried both ways CD and DVD. I also have the older version. DVD Verion [2.0 USA BUILD] CD Version [3.2 USA BUILD]. I was just wandering if i havent been doing it right or missing something.

7. skrib

skrib Guest

you are in luck. i have it on mine and i am going to tell you exactly how to do it. it is all in the way you are making the disk. first, you need cdgen. second, you need the right files to compile the cd.third, nero will work, but i use blindwrite.

Step1- email me at gemunitionzz@verizon.net so i can email you the working files directly. i will email you cdgen, blindwrite, and all the nessecary files.

Step 2- (Dragging the files I send you into the cdgen window)
    Drag them in this order:

1. CDVD.IRX
    2. EXPINST.ELF
    3. SYSTEM
    4. TITLE.DB (the TITLE.DB you created from your ps1 disk, not the one i send you)
    5. DUMMY.DAT
    6. FILES folder(in this folder put the SNES.ELF file
    7. click IMG in the left window of CDGEN to make a .cue file of all these files
    8. using blindwrite or nero, burn an iso image using the newly created .cue file (not the .bin files, only the .cue)
    9.only a cd-r (not cd-rw)will work
    10. use swap magic and then put in the cd you just made and it will install snes emulator to your memory card in the BADATA-SYSTEM folder
    11. assign a key to launch this new file with wutever program you use (launch elf) I use keyauncher

8. skrib

skrib Guest

I assume your ps2 is exploited and you do use launch elf or keylaunch or something equivelant

9. skrib

skrib Guest

Sorry i didnt mean to post the same thing twice. iamwhoib, if you dont use launchelf or keylaunch, try to just drag the snes.elf into cdgen, click IMG, and just burn that created .cue file as an iso, then use swap magic, this is what you will do to actually play the snes games once you have the emulator. Also, make sure the file name is in all caps..(SNES.ELF)

10. iamwhoib

iamwhoib Member

Im sorry i'm not so good with this whole computer thing. I tried making an image and burning it but it didnt work. am i missing something. do i need a cd loader because my discs are outdated or am i using the wrong program?

11. skrib

skrib Guest

ok i will make this real easy. go to http://www.exploitstation.com and click on downloads section. Download CD-Gen PS2 3.0.

1. Open cdgen
    2. drag your snes.elf file into the right window of cdgen(make sure your name of your file is in all caps. example:(SNES.ELF)
    3. In cdgen, click the button to the left that says IMG(has a pic of a blue disk behind it.)
    4. this will create a file called (filename).cue
    5. open nero and burn the .cue file that you just created.
    6. Use swap magic to swap to the cd-r that you just burned
    If this doesnt work, then the files you have for the snes emulator are no good. I will email you working files if you need me to.

12. Sythun

Sythun Member

nice tutorials skrib

13. skrib

skrib Guest

thanx i try

14. skrib

skrib Guest

OK YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR IT..Here is the FULL tutorial to installing SNES_EMULATOR for ps2.....you must have swap magic OR a modded ps2, and you must first install the file KEYLAUNCH.ELF and rename it to BOOT.ELF (EMAIL ME FOR THE FILES YOU NEED) gemunitionzz@verizon.net

Install and open CDGEN(included)

Locate the following files in the files i sent you.
    Put them in cdgen in this order

1. CDVD.IRX
    2. EXPINST.ELF
    3. SYSTEM
    4. TITLE.DB(you must make this file from a playstation 1 cd..and a program called ID GET, AND a program called Titleman (all included)ask me if you dont know how to do this
    5. DUMMY.DAT
    6. FILES Folder (with only SNES.ELF in it)SNES.ELF must be in caps
    7. Files folder will automaatically move itself up on the list so jus leave it.
    8. CLICK the IMG button in cdgen to create the (.cue) file
    9. Use Blindwrite (included) to burn the .cue file only. Select ISO (not automatic) on the list and 8x speed.
    10. Use swap magic (YOU MUST BUY SWAP MAGIC OR HAVE A MODDED PS2) and your method of swapping the discs w/ out the ps2 knowing.
    11.SNES.ELF will automatically install to your memory card, you will not ever need the disk again after this point.
    12. Use Launch.ELF or KEYLAUNCH (included) to run SNES.ELF

Thats it!! I will tell you how to run Keylaunch or launch elf once you have successfully installed SNES on your memory card. Any more questions feel free to email me